How many identities do you have?
1. Ali Bodycoat Performer - Jazz Vocalist, Cabaret Artist, MC/Host, Band Booker, Events, Playlist Curator, Vocal Teacher/Master Classes/Educator;
2. Ali Bodycoat Hostess & Hospitality - I work very closely with a select group of individuals to deliver a level of exceptional quality outcomes and experiences;
3. Ali Bodycoat Sales & Styling - I have worked in the fashion industry for over 20 years - namely with Toni Manolas at her iconic boutique, Emporia & with the legendary Aurelio Costarella.
What don’t we know about Ali Bodycoat?
When I grow up, I want to be an Architect, a Writer and an Actor.
What has been the biggest life lesson you have learnt so far?
To never underestimate the power of your own mind. So much of what we do revolves around how much our own brains control the outcome - it is possible to re-define your own pathways - literally. The number of times I have talked myself into a moment that simply does not exist, due to my own insecurities - we are only human after all! My very own happiness is entirely my responsibility and I choose that path.
Trusting one's instincts and listening to that inner alert which warns against or encourages the right decisions - making the decision is the hardest part, the rest will follow.
To be grateful - give to others, smile and take joy in knowing you can make a difference with the simplest, most underestimated of gestures.
What do you do to “switch off”?
Spend time with my husband, try out our local hubs, laugh with divine friends & family, eat beautiful food (usually cooked by my husband!), read, listen to music, watch a great movie, jig saw puzzles and trips away whenever possible.
What do you believe your secret to success is, in balancing your many passions and pursuits?
Never compromising on doing the things that I love doing - only doing what brings me joy, satisfaction, challenge and reward - reward as in feeling that I have not compromised mine or my families happiness. Learning to say no.
What advice would you give to other women out there who are too afraid to step outside their comfort zones?
· Trust yourself more - believe that you are incredible and completely capable.
· Decide - the decision is the hardest part and then the rest flows from there. Don't overthink things.
· Surround yourself with inspiration - get inspired, be inspired - see live music, go to the theatre, go for a walk outside - stare at the ocean - spend a moment in every day being in awe of something.
· Stay positive no matter how tough it seems - it WILL happen.
· Create your own mantra if you have to - we sorely underestimate the power of the mind and it can be re-wired with perseverance!!